Saturday, December 13, 2008

Happy Official World Race Day



So today December 13, 2008 was declared Official World Race Day by my sister-in-law
Annee. To back up a bit, Annee and her husband Darin used to live about 25 miles from us when we lived in Brigham City, UT. A few years ago we were at their home having a wonderful Sunday dinner (I miss those days Annee) and I picked up a Runners World magazine from her table and that's where it all began......So here I am today, about 30 5K's, maybe 20 or so 10K's, several 15K's, at least a dozen half marathons, and 5 MARATHONS later! THANKS ANNEE!
Back to my story; Annee now lives in Korea and she decided to ask anyone from around the world to join her in a race....what a great idea! I have to admit that if I hadn't committed to her I may not have done it. A promise is a promise! At first she asked everyone to train for a 1/2 marathon because she hadn't been able to find that distance in Korea in the winter(I wonder why) and that we all could run it on the same day all around the world-so I told her I'd be the AZ rep. Now let me remind you that I had twins, yes 2 babies about 14 weeks ago and for some reason I was really giddy and excited to get back to my running. My mind and my heart were committed, just not my legs and my lungs. I told Annee it probably wouldn't be pretty....but I would try. Well to make a LONG run and LONG story short- I didn't quite get to 13.1 today, but I did 8 LONG miles. One for each of my kids, one for my husband (and cheerleader), and one for you Annee. I thought of our last marathon we ran together and the great memories that were made-I hope it's not the last! Thanks for getting me out there, getting me started and getting me home! Love you Annee!

2 comments:

Annee said...

You are the best, and I miss you so much. THANK YOU!!

Taylor and Chelsea Cotter said...

way to be gurl. i don't get the whole running thing, but you did great.